Do you remember doing simple science experiments at school to explain the properties of air, for example, the air has weight, supports combustion, and it has pressure. Well, these simple basics are the foundation for today’s modern air –powered tools. These air tools are otherwise called pneumatic tools or pneumatic – driven tools. Air tools are driven by a pneumatic motor (compressor); usually in big or small cylinders which are portable. Also check best air hammer for your heavy duty work Check Here
Air –powered tools: Compressed air, are used to power many tools, few to mention are
- Pile drivers
- Paint sprayer
Basic parts of an air driven tool:
- The Compressor: that compresses the air
- The receiver: that helps in storing the air
- Valves: usually one or two that helps to control air pressure
- The circuit: It’s a network of pipes that helps in moving air between the other components from the compressor
- The motor or the actuator: its function is to use the air in doing something like lifting an object, moving it, just holding the object and many more…
Pneumatic tools a better choice over electric or hydraulic?
- Safe and User-friendly
- Hassel free regular maintenance
- No risk of fluid leakage or short circuit
- Usually made of plastic, so it’s lighter than compared to others made of metal which is heavier
It’s a pneumatic hand tool that is extensively used for chipping, preening, cutting, riveting, scraping, cutting metal stuff separately, piercing, making intrigued carvings on stone or cut through objects. It’s an evolution product of our old-fashioned tools such as chisels and hammers. Newer versions of hand-held tools are the free-standing version, these are shrinkable or stretchable, smooth metals that have rough surfaces or edges.
Air hammers are used in digging holes, to smooth a surface or shape it, and also aids in cutting through surfaces.
These wonderful air powered tools are not just proof of pneumatic technology, they are also handy tools that work with great speed.
Air hammer is available with assorted tips used for varied purposes, for example, the chisel bits are used for scoring or cutting, for smoothing and shaping the hammer tip is used. Drill bits are for drilling surfaces; some bits are helpful in taking the mortar and removing nails, bolts, and screws.
What’s important is that one must read the precaution before choosing tips for doing work, in order to enhance the usefulness of the air hammer equipment.
- Requires hand control while handling these powerful handheld tools.
- It’s important that you wear eye protecting glasses and also earplugs.
- Make sure the air hammer machine is unplugged before changing the tips or bits.
- Remember to use the air hammer with great caution to avoid any sort of injury and as you are getting used to handling the tool you’ll learn to use it more efficiently.